Payroll for Bookkeepers - June 2020
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Have background knowledge of legislation governing payroll.
- Know how to register for PAYE, SDL and UIF.
- Know how to calculate PAYE, SDL and UIF correctly.
- Know how and when to submit payroll reports to SARS.
- Understand the repercussions for late submission and non-compliance.
- Understand ETI and how it can benefit his/ her clients.
- Understand how payroll affects financial reporting.
A competent payroll administrator needs to be accurate, time-conscious and also have thorough knowledge of payroll-related legislation and SARS requirements.
Incorrectly calculating salaries/wages and making late payments is a sure recipe for creating a demotivated labour force. We know that a demotivated labour force = poor performance of the business.
SARS has specific deadlines on submission of employee tax returns as well as payment of the actual payroll taxes. Penalties and interest will be charged for not meeting deadlines. It is therefore vital that payroll administrators are fully aware of what is required of them in their duties.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Subscription: Included for free in Bookkeepers package.
Study unit 1
Overview of the Income Tax Act and BCEA
Study unit 2
How to register with SARS for payroll taxes
- SDL; and
Study unit 3
Calculation of PAYE, SDL and UIF
Study unit 4
Completing the EMP201 and EMP501 returns
Study unit 5
Timeous submission of returns
Study unit 6
Penalties for late submission of returns
Study unit 7
Employment Tax Incentive and its benefits
Study unit 8
Effect of payroll on financial reporting
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Russel is a registered Business Accountant in Practice through the Southern Institute for Business Accountants (SAIBA), and a registered Tax practitioner through the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners (SAIT). He holds a Bachelor of Accounting Science degree from the University of South Africa and a National Diploma in Financial Information Systems from Tshwane University of Technology.
Russel is the founder of Shinyawani Group of Companies (Pty) Ltd. He has won various entrepreneurial awards in the province of the Free State.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||19 June, 2020|
Who should attend?
Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
Business Accountants (SA).
Payroll department staff