Monthly Tax Update - March 2020
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Advise clients as to the latest tax amendments.
- Train your staff to prepare tax returns in line with the latest amendments.
- Issue a newsletter to your clients informing them about relevant tax law, rulings, notes, judgements, and developments in tax law.
- Develop new tax structures for clients.
- Adjust your tax working procedures.
Our monthly tax update webinars will save you time and money. We sift through all the latest changes and amendments and present in an easy to understand summarised format.This saves you R10000 worth of effort each month.The webinars are presented in conjunction with SAIT and The Tax Faculty and presents you with a recording of an expert presenter and recorded Q&A from practitioners just like you.They ask all the hard questions so you don’t have to.
The following pricing apply:
Included for free in Accountant in Practice plus Tax package.
Study Unit 1 – Impact of Covid-19 on SARS services
How to contact SARS during Covid
Study Unit 2 – Recent Tax Case Judgments
- Medtronic International v CSARS (33400/19)  ZAGPPHC (17 February 2020)
Remittance of interest in terms of section 39(7) of the Value Added Tax Act, 1991
Background, facts and findings, arguments for SARS and for the Taxpayer and Judgement.
- Alfdav Construction CC v CSARS (399/2017)  ZAECPEHC (11 February 2020)
Application to set aside certain VAT assessments and to re-submit returns.
Background and finding:Rule 42: Variation and Rescission of Orders.
- Canyon Resources (Pty) Ltd v CSARS (68281/2016)  ZAGPPHC (27 March 2019)
Customs and Excise,1964 – diesel refund
Study Unit 3 – New Interpretation note
IN 113 Apportionment of surplus and minimum benefits (replaces GN 29).
Study Unit 4 – Updated interpretation note
IN 53 (Issue 2 & 3) limitation of allowances for lessors of affected assets.
Study Unit 5 – Discussion papers & documents
(1) Reviewing the tax treatment of excessive debt financing
(2) Draft Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of
(3) Revenue Laws Bill, 2020
- Draft interpretation notes
- Provision of residential care for retired persons
Study Unit 6 – Public notices
- 270 – Determination of the daily amount in respect of meals and incidental costs for purposes of section 8(1)(c) of the Income Tax Act, 1962
- 271 – Fixing of rate per kilometre in respect of motor vehicles for the purposes of s8(1)(b)(ii) and (iii) of the Income Tax Act, 1962
Study Unit 7 – New IT14 form
Overview and comprehensive guide on how to complete the ITR14 (Revision 8).
Study Unit 8 – New or Updated SARS documents
Basic guide to s 18A approval (Issue 3)
FAQ on foreign employment income exemption (Issue 3)
ABC of Capital Gains Tax for Companies (Issue 9)
ABC of Capital Gains Tax for Individuals (Issue 11)
Dispute resolution: Guide on the rules (Issue 2)
Guide on Mutual Agreement Procedures (Issue 3)
VAT Connect 10
- Binding general rulings
Updated as a result of the amendments to s 72
Relating to the increase in the VAT rate on 1/4/18
Average exchange rates
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Prof Jackie Arendse
PhD MTP(SA) Chartered Accountant (SA)
After completing her training at Deloitte and qualifying as a CA (SA), Jackie was Group Financial Accountant for a top-100 listed company before moving to academia where she has authored, lectured and researched on all aspects of tax for more than 20 years.
Jackie has presented tax seminars and webinars to tax practitioners and businesses around the country for many years and has authored numerous books, articles and publications in the field of taxation including Silke on South African Income Tax. She is the managing author of Silke on Tax Administration, published by LexisNexis and updated annually.
She is involved in an exciting new collaboration with The Tax Faculty to digitise tax training materials.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation.
- Reference documents and / or course material where available.
- Access to a technical knowledge base.
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||25 March, 2020|
Who should attend?
Business Accountant (SA)
Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
Certified Business Accountant (SA)
Certified Financial Officers (SA)