Top 5 Engagement Inspection Themes 2019
Join technical expert Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA on 2 Oct, as she reviews the top five engagement inspection findings in 2019.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Be aware of the latest Top 5 IRBA engagement inspections themes, including:
- Detail on exactly what other auditors do wrong; and
- An understanding of what could be done to rectify the deficiencies.
- Know how to identify similar shortcomings within own audit practice;
- Be able to inform audit and other assurance staff how to improve and maintain audit quality;
- Be able to adapt standardised working papers to incorporate documents addressing deficiencies identified in this webinar;
- Be aware of important information communicated at the SAICA Information Session – held on 20 February 2019; and
- Be aware of important information communicated at the IRBA Information session on Lack of Evidence – held on 21 June 2018.
- Background to the annual Public Inspections Reports.
- Overview of the IRBA 7th inspections cycle and process.
- Review of the Top 5 Engagement Inspection Themes for 2019.
- IFIAR Survey of audit inspection findings.
- Helpful resources
- Tips for avoiding IRBA re-inspections.
Who should attend
- Registered auditors;
- Audit supervisors/ managers;
- Audit trainees;
- Quality control personnel; and
- Other assurance engagement staff.
Adherence to good quality control processes is a must in any undertaking. IRBA normally releases annual inspection findings that highlight quality deficiencies identified. But due to the recurrence of quality deficiency themes identified in the quarter ended June 2019, IRBA have released the top five engagement inspection themes thus far.
Date and time
- 14 November 2019
- 09:00 - 13:00
Join Caryn Maitland CA(SA)