Technology in Accounting
August2020 Highlighting the latest technological trends in accounting.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand that technology is changing the accountant's old way of doing things;
- Know of the tech trends that are happening in the accounting sector;
- Understand what this means for accountants in practice;
- Understand which key strategic moves to make to survive the digital revolution; and
- Gain practical insight on various tech that may be used to run the accounting practice.
The current state of affairs in the accounting field
Tech trends in the accounting sector
What is available for the accountant?
Harnessing the power of tech
Key strategic moves for survival
Statutory considerations - POPI Act and cyber security legislation
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
The survival of today's accountant no longer rests upon his or her number-crunching abilities. This part of the accountant's role is now slowly being taken over by robots or "bots" as they have come to be called in tech lingo. And these bots do the job at amazing speeds and with brutal efficiency!
Rather than fighting change and looking at it as a curse, everyone needs to acknowledge and embrace this as a blessing! Trends in the profession show a movement away from compliance services to a more advisory services focus. Those who are a step ahead are adopting technology for its efficiency while they focus on adding real value to their clients. This is where the accountant's survival lies!
There is a lot of tech available today that can be used to change the efficiency of an accounting practice many times over for the benefit of both the practitioner and the client.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper
This webinar will be available from 22 Aug 2020.
Nestene Clausen CA(SA)
Nestene completed her B.com (Hons) at North West University in 2012. In 2014 she completed her professional articles and her Masters Degree in Chartered Accountancy. Nestene has lectured on the audit programme at the University of Cape Town. She started her own audit, tax & accounting practice which she has since grown into a reputable firm in the Tableview area with 60 clients and two staff members.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountant (SA);
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA);
- Accounting department staff; and
- Trainee accountants.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: Yes
- Accountant in Practice plus tax: Yes
- Bookkeeper: Yes
- Quickupdate: No
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.