Tech Talk: Quality Management in Audit and Reviews
Aug2020 Part 2: What every firm should know about the new quality management standard
What you will learn
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Have a recap of Part 1 of this topic;
- Understand why there's need for quality control management in assurance engagements;
- Understand the need for risk management;
- Understand how to identify risks of misstatement; and
- Understand how to assess risks of misstatements.
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
With the introduction of the new Quality Control Management Standard (QCM1), we will be following up on the key principles of Governance, Quality Control and Risk Assessment introduced in the first session, to look more specifically at the contents of the Standard and its requirements.
ISA 315 Identifying and Assessing Risks of Misstatement is another key standard that has been revised and rewritten which aligns to this discussion. With both the Quality Control Management Standard and ISA 315, this session will:
- introduce the standards,
- summarise the key principles covered in them and
- give delegates a sense of what is required of a practitioner when applying these standards.
Join SAIBA for the second session of this 2 part series on the new ISQM1. Part 1 provided an overview and introduction to quality, risk management and the new standard. Part 2 will provide in-depth knowledge to ISQC1.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper, QuickUpdate
This webinar will be available from 18 Aug 2020.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The following members will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Business Accountant (SA).
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
- Accounting department staff; and
- Trainee accountants.
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002.
Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
Caryn has presented on the national tours for the annual Legislation Update in 2014 and 2015, as well as on the FASSET national tour for the Tax Administration Act in 2014.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice:Yes
- Accountant in Practice plus tax:Yes
- Bookkeeper: Yes
- Quickupdate: Yes
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.