Guidance for Business Accountants in Practice (SA) on how to perform reporting engagements as accountants and accounting officers.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- Understand the various rules applicable to reporting engagements.
- Understand the different types of engagements and when they should be applied.
- Understand the risks and responsibilities associated with reporting engagements.
Assurance vs non-assurance engagements
Professional standards guiding performance of reporting engagements.
Practical application of specific standards.
Accepting, performing and completing a reporting engagement.
Practical reporting engagement tools.
Risks and liabilities of accountants and accounting officers.
Common law, contract law and statutory law obligations
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The following members will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Business accountants in Practice (SA).
- Accounting officers; and
- Accounting support staff and trainees.
The three distinct types of reporting engagements that accountants can perform are guided by specific framework, standards as well as legislation.
ISRS 4410, ISRS 4400 and ISRE 2400 give specific guidance on compilations, agreed-upon procedure engagements and independent reviews respectively. Various acts such as the Close Corporations Act, 1984, Companies Act, 2008, Sectional Titles Schemes Management Act, 2011, and South African Schools Act, 1996; have provisions that need to be adhered to during the performance of reporting engagements.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R575.00
- Subscription: Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper
This webinar recording will be available from 10 April 2020
Jako Liebenberg CA(SA)
Jako became a Chartered Accountant and Registered Public Auditor in 2001 after completing his training period. Jako’s entire career has been in practice. Jako consults for clients across South Africa on Accounting Standards and Compliance, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, Tax and Business Development.
Which subscription package does this form part of?
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
Accountant in Practice: Yes
Accountant in Practice plus tax: Yes
IFRS for SMEs: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.