Practice Management Series 2020
The A – Z of practice management, from start-up to expansion and everything in between.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- Know how to find, evaluate and recruit the best staff for your practice.
- Know how to motivate and retain the best staff.
- Be aware of how to manage staff.
- Know how to grow your practice by having the right staff.
Client acceptance procedure
- Deciding on what type of client to accept.
- Documenting the client acceptance procedure.
- Using a client acceptance checklist.
- Incorporating client data into the engagement plan.
- Re-evaluating current clients.
The Code of Ethics, Quality Control and NOCLAR
- Ethical standards and considerations in terms of a professional code of conduct.
- New and revised rules adopted by professional bodies.
- The IAASB and quality control.
- Quality control for audits, reviews and other engagements.
- Applicable laws and regulations.
- Who is subject to NOCLAR.
- What is NOCLAR and what are its objectives.
Identify, evaluate, appoint, manage, motivate and retain the right staff for your firm.
- Staff recruitment.
- Staff motivation and retention.
- Managing staff.
- Communication and people skills.
Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Know how to draft a business recovery plan.
- Be able to identify the risk areas to be included in the plan.
- Be able to ensure against business interruption.
How to protect your firm against hacking and cyber crimes
- Common attacks faced by businesses;
- How hackers get your information;
- How to check for a breach to your accounts;
- How hackers use your data to harm you and/or your clients; and
- Tools to improve your security.
Detail to be confirmed
Avoid POPI Act and Electronic Communications Penalties
- The POPI Act – An Overview.
- Responsibilities for data protection.
- How to manage personal information collected.
- Identifying areas of potential non-compliance.
- Repercussions for non-compliance.
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The following members will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Business accountants in Practice (SA).
- Persons thinking about starting an accounting firm.
- Firm managers.
The Practice Management series of webinars is hosted once per month and covers critical aspects of running and managing a firm.
The series provides comprehensive guidance to help small- and medium-sized practices operate more efficiently in the increasingly complex and competitive global marketplace for professional services. The series is loosely organized around a comprehensive range of topics including:
- Strategic planning
- Practice models
- Firm expansion
- Managing staff
- Leveraging technology
- Client relationship management
- Risk management
- Succession planning
If you are a SAIBA member and a SAIBA CPD subscriber then you qualify to attend the webinar series for free.
If you are not yet a SAIBA member you can join here and also share in SAIBA benefits. www.saiba.org.za/join-as-associate/
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00 per webinar
- Subscription: Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus tax, Bookkeeper
Webinars recordings are made available once per month. Once you subscribe the individual webinars will be loaded to your online profile.
- Caryn Maitland: Caryn Maitland is a CA (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002. Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics. Caryn has presented on the national tour for the annual Legislation Update with ProBeta Training (Pty) Ltd in 2014 and 2015, as well as on the FASSET national tour for the Tax Administration Act in 2014.
- Maya Nikolova BAP(SA), MTP(SA): Accountant and Registered Tax Practitioner with a demonstrated professional history in the financial accounting and tax industry for over 20 years.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
This webinar forms part of the following subscription packages, if you are not a subscriber you need to purchase as a stand-alone event:
Accountant in Practice: Yes
Accountant in Practice plus tax:Yes
IFRS for SMEs: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.