POPI Act Compliance Checklist Continued
September2020 To give attendees a workable POPI Act compliance checklist that ensures full compliance.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the attendee should:
- Understand the basics of the POPI Act;
- Be familiar with the basics of the POPI Act;
- Get a quick recap on what was covered in previous instalments;
- Know how to complete steps 3 to 11 in your POPIA Compliance Checklist;
- Be aware of some of the practical and critical issues that your organisation needs to address urgently; and
- Have access to a POPI Act expert consultant.
Introduction - Basics of the POPI Act
POPIA Compliance Checklist steps:
- Performing a gap analysis versus the Act.
- Analyse what and how Personal Information is processed (status quo).
- Review/draft POPIA compliance policies based on findings.
- Review your websites & online platforms.
- Update/create your Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) manual.
- Implement POPIA compliant Personal Information management processes.
- Train internal stakeholders on their roles in POPIA compliance.
- Adopt POPIA compliance as “Business-As-Usual”.
- Consider Information security Safeguards.
Urgent practical and critical issues
Access POPI Act expert consultant
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
The much-anticipated Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013 (POPI Act) commenced on 1 July 2020 and requires all businesses (including employers) to comply by 30 June 2021.
A previous webinar dealt with the introduction to the Compliance Checklist. This webinar provides further information regarding the remaining steps 3 to 11 of the compliance checklist. If you attended previously, you should have already received a free copy of the checklist. If not, request it from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: N/A
This webinar will be available from 4 September 2020.
Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA
Lettie is a CA (SA), Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. She joined SA Accounting Academy in November 2017 as Head of Technical. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting the SAIBA Quick Update Subscription package.
Karabo’s interest in data protection was ignited in 2013 when the POPI Act was first introduced. As the lead in the Policies and Procedures management project at Eskom Pension and Provident Fund at the time, she was in charge of ensuring that all policies and procedures of the Fund were updated and compliant with the various regulatory requirements affecting financial services and Pension funds.
Karabo joined Montana Data Company as an Account Executive specialising in assisting clients to find simplified yet effective ways of managing data and complying with data related regulation. She is currently a candidate in the Masters in ICT Policy & Regulation programme with Wits and holds a Communication Science and a Media Ethics degree from UNISA.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountant (SA).
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
- Practicing bookkeepers.
- HR practitioners.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation.
- Reference documents and / or course material where available.
- Access to a technical knowledge base.
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: No
- Accountant in Practice plus tax: No
- Bookkeeper: No
- Quickupdate: No
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.