Independent Review Engagements
July2020 Guidelines on the Independent Review Process and providing accounting practitioners a practical approach to performing Independent Reviews.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand what an independent review is;
- Understand how it differs from other types of engagements;
- Understand how to calculate the Public Interest Score;
- Be able to perform an independent review engagement; and
- Be able to establish a system of quality control for independent reviews.
Independent review defined
Independent review compared to audits and compilations
Who regulates independent reviews?
Relevant international reporting standards
The Public Interest Score (PIS) threshold
How to calculate the Public Interest Score (PIS)
Accepting, performing and completing the engagement
Ensuring quality control in a review engagement
Who can perform an independent review?
The different levels of independent reviewers
How to become a licensed independent review practitioner
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
In 2011, the Companies Act, No 71 of 2008 changed the landscape of regulation and compliance with respect to the auditing of companies. The Act provided for Close Corporations, Schools, Trusts, Partnerships and Sole Proprietorships to perform a less onerous and voluntary assurance engagement called the independent review.
The independent review engagement was also presented as an alternative for certain companies that previously had to be audited. Qualification for an independent review however requires them to satisfy certain criteria.
In this webinar we clarify exactly what an independent review engagement is, which companies are liable for one and who qualifies to perform one.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper and QuickUpdate packages.
This webinar will be available from 16 July 2020.
Nestene Clausen CA(SA)
Nestene completed her B.com (Hons) at North West University in 2012. In 2014 she completed her professional articles and her Masters Degree in Chartered Accountancy. She then registered with SAICA as a Chartered Accountant in 2015.
Nestene has lectured on the audit programme at the University of Cape Town. She successfully helped to establish a branch for Real Time Accounting in Tableview where her role was to evaluate, improve & implement a brand building & marketing strategy for the RTA brand. After this stint at RTA, Nestene started her own audit, tax & accounting practice which she has since grown into a reputable firm in the Tableview area with 60 clients and two staff members.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountant (SA);
- Trainee auditors/accountants; and
- Assurance department staff.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: Yes
- Accountant in Practice plus tax:Yes
- Bookkeeper: Yes
- Quickupdate: Yes
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.