IFRS 15 - Revenue from Contracts with Customers
Overview of the new IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and its impact on related standards.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- Understand the purpose of IFRS 15.;
- Know how to apply the five-step recognition method;
- Know how to present revenue from contracts with customers in the AFS.; and
- Understand the disclosure of revenue from contracts with customers.
IFRS 15 overview
Presentation in the AFS.
- Identify the contract
- Identify performance obligations
- Determine transaction price
- Allocate transaction price; and
- Recognise the revenue
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The following members will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Business accountants in Practice (SA).
- Accounting officers,
- Persons preparing IFRS based financial statements.;
Several accounting pronouncements, including IAS 18 Revenue, have been superseded by the new IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers. This standard requires revenue to be accounted for by means of the application of the "five-step revenue recognition model".
Seeing that every business entity generates revenue to sustain itself, it is essential that this new accounting standard relating to the accounting treatment of revenue, is properly understood by all preparers of AFS.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: Not applicable
This webinar will be available from 22 April 2020.
Anton van Wyk
Anton van Wyk is a CA (SA) and independent consultant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS and IFRS for SMEs). As former subject head of Financial Accounting at various higher education providers (including the University of Johannesburg and Monash University South Africa), he has gained valuable insights into and understanding of the important principles underlying the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Anton is a well-known and popular presenter who has presented numerous IFRS updates for several accounting bodies across South Africa. He is known for his ability to simplify and highlight the most important principles contained in IFRS, whilst keeping the learning process enjoyable for attendees.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to technical knowledge base
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
Accountant in Practice: No
Accountant in Practice plus tax: No
IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.