IFRS 11 – Joint Arrangements
July2020 Explaining the provisions of IFRS 11 – Joint Arrangements
What you will learn
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand what is covered under IFRS 11;
- Understand the difference between a joint venture and a joint operation;
- Understand how to account for joint arrangements; and
- Understand measurement and recognition of assets, liabilities, expenses and revenue.
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Joint arrangements consist of ‘joint ventures’ and ‘joint operations’. These two arrangements are accounted for differently.
Joint ventures are no longer proportionately consolidated, but, in terms of IFRS 11, rather equity accounted with reference to IAS 28.
Master the principles for financial reporting by entities that have an interest in joint arrangements and learn how to distinguish between joint ventures and joint operations.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: N/A
This webinar will be available from 29 July 2020.
Anton van Wyk M.Com, CA(SA)
Anton van Wyk is a chartered accountant and independent consultant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS and IFRS for SMEs). As former subject head of Financial Accounting at various higher education providers (including the University of Johannesburg and Monash University South Africa), he has gained valuable insights into and understanding of the important principles underlying the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Anton is a well-known and popular presenter who has presented numerous IFRS updates for several accounting bodies across South Africa. He is known for his ability to simplify and highlight the most important principles contained in IFRS, whilst keeping the learning process enjoyable for attendees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountant (SA)
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
- Tax practitioners; and
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation.
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter.
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: No
- Accountant in Practice plus tax: No
- Bookkeeper: No
- Quickupdate: No
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.