IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements
June2020 The new IFRS 10 covers consolidation procedures as well as the concept of control
What you will learn
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Make adjustment to Financial Statements to ensure compliance to IFRS10.
- Determine control and its implications.
- Respond to auditors with justifications of judgements made.
- Consider the impact on performance and position.
What is IFRS 10?
Definition of control
Identifying whether one entity controls another
Investment entity defined.
Changes in ownership interests
Presentation and disclosure requirements
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date .
The new IFRS 10 deals with consolidation procedures and the concept of control. Control is influenced by: power over another entity, exposure to variable returns from its investment in an entity, and the ability to use its power to affect the variable returns from its investment.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: N/A
This webinar will be available from 24 June 2020.
Anton van Wyk M.Com, CA(SA)
Anton van Wyk is a chartered accountant and independent consultant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS and IFRS for SMEs). As former subject head of Financial Accounting at various higher education providers (including the University of Johannesburg and Monash University South Africa), he has gained valuable insights into and understanding of the important principles underlying the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Anton is a well-known and popular presenter who has presented numerous IFRS updates for several accounting bodies across South Africa. He is known for his ability to simplify and highlight the most important principles contained in IFRS, whilst keeping the learning process enjoyable for attendees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
- Certified Business Accountant (SA).
- Certified Financial Officers (SA).
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation.
- Reference documents and / or course material where available.
- Access to a technical knowledge base.
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: No
- Accountant in Practice plus tax: No
- Bookkeeper: No
- Quickupdate: No
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.