Business Rescue Update
July2020 Duties and responsibilities of the business rescue practitioner.
What you will learn
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Assist clients to assess financial distress.
- Detail the steps directors need to take if they are financially distressed.
- Understand what it takes to perform a business rescue.
- Qualify to register for the SAIBA licence in business rescue and start your journey to become a registered business rescue practioner.
Becoming a Business Rescue Practitioner.
The role of CIPC in Business Rescue.
All laws relevant to Business Rescue.
Practical issues in the Business Rescue Process.
The Risks connected to various parties involved in Business Rescue.
Conclusion and Questions.
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
As a result of the lockdown most companies are now in financial distress. The Companies Act, 2008 now require the directors to assess whether they should go into business rescue. If they don't then they become personally liable for the debts of the company.
This presents an opportunity for Business Accountants in Practice (SA) to perform a financial distress test for their clients and advise them on the business rescue process.
Business rescue is now an established area of specialisation for qualifying accountants. Join us for this webinar as we provide an update on business rescue and the duties and responsibilities of the business rescue practitioner.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice in Tax.
The webinar will be available from 3 July 2020.
Wayne Clarke has been involved in turn around management since 2007. He became a licenced business rescue practitioner in 2016. His other qualifications include Business Rescue Law and Business Administration & Management.
Wayne's experience is both local and international. He has a strong passion in assisting SMEs with profitability and cash flow constraints to overcome their problems and return to financial viability.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
This webinar forms part of the following subscription packages, if you are not a subscriber you need to purchase as a stand-alone event:
Accountant in Practice: Yes
Accountant in Practice plus Tax: Yes
IFRS for SMEs: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.