Back to Basics: Know shareholders rights and liabilities
August2020 Understanding the rights, obligations and liabilities of shareholders.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand the capitalisation of a company;
- Know the different types of shares and other securities;
- Understand the authorisation of shares, buy backs and distributions;
- Understand financial assistance available to companies; and
- Understand shareholders' rights, obligations and responsibilities.
Capitalisation of a company:
- Types of shares.
- Authorisation of shares.
- Securities other than shares.
- Share buy backs and distributions.
- Financial assistance.
Shareholders' rights, obligations and responsibilities wrt:
- Dispute resolution options.
- Relationship with directors.
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinars made available on a specified dates
Wherever there is more than one party to a business transaction, the parties' rights, duties and responsibilities must be clearly laid out and known.
The webinar looks at the shareholder. What are the shareholder's rights, obligations and responsibilities? During the session we will also discuss all important issues pertaining to securities, i.e. shares and debt.
This webinar forms part of our Back to Basics Companies Act Series consisting of 8 webinars, but can be viewed independently. The Series is designed for the accountant who is just starting out, as well as the practitioner that wants a refresher course on the Companies Act and how it has settled down into the South African corporate landscape. To attend all 8 webinars join the series here.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R238
- Subscription: N/A
This webinar series will be available from 8 August 2020
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland CA(SA) has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002. She has lectured Auditing, Financial Management and Accounting at various institutions for learners up to the MBA and Postgraduate Diploma levels. She has also conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics. Between 2011 and 2013, Caryn had a two-year stint as visiting Associate Professor at the University of Limpopo.
Caryn is also a platform presenter for SA Accounting Academy, ICB and Chartered Secretaries of SA. Since 2018 she has worked extensively with commerce and industry, assisting analysts, directors and other users of financials to interpret, prepare, analyse and forecast based on the results of financial statements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountant (SA)
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
- Accounting department staff
- Trainee accountants
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation.
- Reference documents and / or course material where available.
- Access to a technical knowledge base.
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter.
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: No
- Accountant in Practice plus tax: No
- Bookkeeper: No
- Quickupdate: No
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.