Agreed-upon Procedures - ISRS 4400 (Revised)
August 2020 To discuss agreed-upon procedures as per the revised ISRS 4400.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the attendee will:
- Understand what an agreed-upon procedures (AUP) engagement is;
- Know when it is appropriate to use an AUP engagement;
- Be aware of the full contents of the revised ISRS 4400 including significant enhancements;
- Know the contents of the illustrative engagement letter and AUP reports;
- Receive bonus documents that will assist to grow a practice through AUP engagements.
- What is an Agreed-upon Procedures engagement?
- Benefits of Agreed-upon Procedures.
- AUPs on financial and non-financial information.
Full ISRS 4400 in a nutshell:
- Requirements (Planning, Procedures and Reporting).
- Other explanatory material and appendices.
Significant changes to the Revised ISRS 4400:
- Scope and responsibilities.
- Compliance with independence requirements.
- Professional judgment.
- Engagement acceptance and continuance.
- Using the work of a practitioner’s expert.
- The Agreed-upon Procedures report.
- Growing your practice with AUP engagements.
- 6 case studies.
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
There are a number of non-audit services available for SMEs, including review, compilation, other assurance, and engagements to perform agreed-upon procedures.
Clients may not need an audit but may find that an Agreed-upon procedures (AUP) engagement is a very useful and valuable non-audit service which is available for SMEs. On the practitioners side, they can use AUPs to successfully grow their practices by tapping into the global need for increased accountability of both financial and non-financial information, e.g. around funding, grants, and for compliance purposes.
ISRS 4400 (Revised), Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements, has been revised to respond to the growing demand for these engagements, particularly in relation to the need for increased accountability around funding and grants.
A broad range of stakeholders, such as regulators, funding bodies and creditors, use agreed-upon procedures reports for a variety of reasons. The revised requirements and application material promote consistency in the performance of agreed-upon procedures engagements, and include a number of enhancements.
During this webinar we will highlight key changes, including the exercise of professional judgement, compliance with independence requirements, engagement acceptance and continuance considerations, using the work of an expert, and greater clarity and transparency in the agreed-upon procedures report.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: N/A
This webinar will be available from 15 Aug 2020.
Lettie Janse van Vuuren
Lettie is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting the SAIBA Quick Update Subscription package.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountant (SA);
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA);
- Compilers/independent reviewers;
- Audit managers/supervisors;
- Accounting officers and
- Assurance department staff.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: No
- Accountant in Practice plus tax:No
- Bookkeeper: No
- Quickupdate: No
- IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.