Accounting for Trusts and Deceased estates
To update Business Accountants in Practice (SA) with the latest developments in trusts and estates and guide them well how they can start a trusts and estates practice as an additional income source.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- Get an overview of estate planning and trust law.
- Understand accounting for trusts and deceased estates.
- Understand how to draft an estate plan and administer an estate.
- Understand how to correctly create and administer a trust.
- Understand curatorship and the roles and responsibilities thereof
The trust founder; and
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The following members will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Business accountants in Practice (SA).
- Accounting officers;
- Accounting support staff;
Are trusts still relevant today? The two main reasons why people favour the creation of trusts are;
- asset protection and
- business continuity.
Under most circumstances the assets of a trust are protected from creditors and trusts outlive their trustees.
These two reasons make trusts attractive. However, the taxation and accounting treatment of trusts require special considerations that every business accountant and tax practitioner needs to be aware of.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus tax, Bookkeeper, Quick Update
This webinar will be available from 4 April 2020.
Jako Liebenberg CA(SA)
Jako became a Chartered Accountant and Registered Public Auditor in 2001. His entire career has been in public practice except for a stint as CFO in the Free State Provincial Government from 2010 to 2012.
Jako consults for clients across South Africa on Accounting Standards and Compliance, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, Tax and Business Development. He serves as an assessor in the Free State High Court of Appeals as representative in Public Practice.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- A knowledge base of technical queries related to the topic
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
Accountant in Practice: Yes
Accountant in Practice plus tax: Yes
IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.