062020 IFRS for SME section 11 Financial Instruments
How to apply IFRS for SMEs Section 11 - Basic Financial Instruments in the financial statements of SMEs.
What you will learn
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand how to apply IFRS for SME Section 11 - Basic Financial Instruments.
- Reference IFRS for SME in client consultations.
- Present yourself as knowledgeable in IFRS for SME.
- Become eligible to do the SAIBA license in IFRS for SME.
Eligible to qualify for the SAIBA License in IFRS for SME
To read more about the SAIBA specialist license in IFRS for SME click here.
As specialist in the IFRS for SME you will be able to prepare financial statements that are compliant with the Companies Act, 71 of 2008. You will also be able to provide advisory services to other accountants and companies.
As specialist in the subject area you will stand out from the crowd and hence be able to attract more clients.
Scope of Section 11
Includes transaction price and costs;
Measurement subsequent to initial recognition
Using the effective interest rate.
Using the undiscounted amount to be paid.
Measurement of shares
Testing for impairment
When to derecognise financial assets and liabilities
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
The scope of this webinar will include AFS items such cash, deposits, payables, receivables, investments and debt instruments. We will not go into the more complex financial instruments here as these will be dealt with in a subsequent webinar.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: IFRS for SME's
This webinar will be available from 18 June 2020.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The following members will benefit from attending this webinar:
- Business Accountant (SA).
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
- Certified Business Accountant (SA).
Anton van Wyk M.Com, CA(SA)
Anton van Wyk is a CA(SA) and independent consultant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS and IFRS for SMEs). As former subject head of Financial Accounting at various higher education providers (including the University of Johannesburg and Monash University South Africa), he has gained valuable insights into and understanding of the important principles underlying the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Anton is a well-known and popular presenter who has presented numerous IFRS updates for several accounting bodies across South Africa. He is known for his ability to simplify and highlight the most important principles contained in IFRS, whilst keeping the learning process enjoyable for attendees.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
- Accountant in Practice: No
- Accountant in Practice plus tax: No
- Bookkeeper: No
- Quickupdate: No
- IFRS for SME's: Yes
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.