052020 Tax Implications of the Lockdown
Tax relief measures amid the Covid-19 disaster in a series of webinars.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- Have an understanding of the practical issues surrounding the tax relief measures
- Better understand the government grants and aids
- Understand how both the employer and employee are affected
- The effect on consumer markets
- The effect on large corporates
- Understanding the economic impact of the pandemic
- Have an understanding of the TERS online application process
Practical Issues and Guidance on its Implementation
Financial Relief through Temporary Employer / Employee Relief Scheme (TERS) or UIF
Supporting Liquidity through grants and government aid
Employer and Employee (PAYE and UIF Specific)
COVID-19 and the Large Corporate
Life after COVID-19/Understanding the economic impact
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
SARS recognise that tax professionals are central to support taxpayers and small businesses during the period of national disaster and announced that SARS will be issuing extensive communication on the implementation of the tax measures through its strategic stakeholders.
This is series of Technical Alerts and Webinars brought to you by SAIBA in conjunction with the Tax Faculty, SAIT and SA Accounting Academy to keep you updated on important changes in the SARS systems and processes.
The following pricing apply:
- Free series: 8 webinars of 2 hours each
The series will be available from April 2020.
Karen van Wyk CA (SA)
Karen is a CA (SA) and senior lecturer in taxation. She obtained her CA (SA) qualification cum laude and was first in her class. Karen has extensive experience as a tax lecturer at UJ, Wits, Forbes Lever Baker, CA Academy, Monash SA, Varsity College and Milpark Business School.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
- Business Accountants (SA).
- Certified Business Accountants (SA).
- Certified Financial Officers (SA).
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
This webinar forms part of the following subscription packages, if you are not a subscriber you need to purchase as a stand-alone event:
Accountant in Practice:
Accountant in Practice plus Tax:
IFRS for SMEs:
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.