Can a company or close corporation request exemption for the filing and payment of annual returns?

A company or close corporation is mandated by law to file annual returns annually and therefore, CIPC cannot exempt companies and close corporations from filing/complying with such requirement.

The prescribed filing fees for annual returns are legislated, and therefore such cannot be waived by the CIPC. The CIPC also cannot make arrangements for payment of annual returns in “instalments” since the prescribed fee must accompany the filing. If the prescribed fee does not accompany the filing, the filing is invalidated and must be refiled.


Please note that the information provided does not constitute legal or professional advice, but rather the applicability of existing theory to a given practical situation. Due care is taken to ensure that the information is correct, but it remains subjective and an interpretation of application of information.

Previous: What sections of the legislation governs annual returns?
Next: If the company or close corporation was dormant / inactive for an annual return period, should it still file and pay annual returns?
Scroll to Top


The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. - Albert Einstein

Log In to Your SAIBA Account!

Please Login
Username can not be left blank.
Please enter valid data.
Password can not be left blank.
Please enter valid data.
Please enter at least 1 characters.