How It Works
No need to redo your accounting or finance degree
If you want to open your own accounting practice and provide services to the public for a fee such as:
- financial statement preparation
- accounting officer reports
- tax compliance
The law and best practice require that you must have an:
- accounting qualification
- plus relevant experience
- plus a designation with a professional body, such as a Business Accountant in Practice (SA), BAP(SA)
In this way society knows you are competent and they are assured of quality work.
In addition, it is required that your qualification should consist of the following core subjects:
- Accounting (3rd year University level)
- Auditing (2nd year University level)
- Tax (2nd year University level)
- Management accounting (2nd year University level)
- Commercial law (2nd year University level)
If your qualification does not include these subjects you can register as a SAIBA Academy student and write our assessments as evidence that you are competent in these subject areas.
We call this recognition of prior learning or RPL.
Once you have gained all the missing subjects for non-degree purposes you will be eligible for the SAIBA designation BAP(SA) and start working for yourself as an Accountant in Practice.
If the above applies to you then CLICK HERE to get in touch with us.