July2020 – Make money from getting your clients POPI compliant
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the member will be able to:
- Develop a compliance checklist for his employer or clients.
- Assist with developing a policy and procedure manual for employer and clients.
- Perform an assurance engagement on your clients compliance to the Act.
- Assist clients with POPI Act Compliance Programme.
The Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013) commences on 1 July 2020.
The sections that make up the main body of the Act are applicable immediately, and a number of these provisions impose substantive obligations on businesses (including employers) regarding the processing of personal information. It is also important that their employees are equally aware of, and comply with these obligations when processing any such information on behalf of the employer.
Even though employers will have 12 months, until 30 June 2021, to ensure that such measures are in place, the time to act is now, and all organisations need to become compliant as soon as possible.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Study Unit 1
- Objectives of the Act and who it applies to
- The type of information that is protected
- What is included in personal information?
- Interaction with GDPR; and
- Penalties and offences
Study Unit 2
The requirements of the essential parts of the Act:
- Conditions for the lawful gathering and processing of personal information.
- The regulation of the processing of special personal information.
- Codes of Conduct issued by the Information Regulator.
- Procedures for dealing with complaints
- Provisions regulating direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communication.
- General enforcement of the Act.
Study Unit 3
The positive obligations placed on employers:
- Retention periods for personal information.
- Safeguarding collected information.
Study Unit 4
Insertions into contracts of employment.
- Employment contracts
Study Unit 5
When and how to ask for consent under the POPI Act.
Study Unit 6
How to start your POPI Act Compliance Programme.
- Compliance programme
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA
Lettie is a CA (SA), Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. She joined SA Accounting Academy in November 2017 as Head of Technical. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting the SAIBA QUICK UPDATE SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.