This certificate program will focus on robotic process automation benefits and how the use of software robots can enable your business or clients to become more competitive and agile.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Recognize what RPA is and its business value, with specific focus on accounting and finance functions.
- Identify the opportunities and use cases for automation.
- Recognize the decision criteria needed to build a business case.
- Recognize key risks and challenges that need to be addressed before implementing RPA.
- Recognize the governance and controls considerations for addressing automation risks.
- Recognize the key components to implementing RPA.
- Recognize the accounting, finance, and operational process implications of RPA.
- Recognize audit implications associated with RPA.
- Recognize future trends of automation.
By 2020, 40% of manual accounting tasks are predicted to be automated, which can ensure a competitive advantage. With advanced preparation and strategy, rollout can be timely and result in significant hours saved.
Developed by Edward Brooks, founder of the RPA Academy, this certificate program will focus on robotic process automation benefits and how the use of software robots can enable your business or clients to become more competitive and agile. You will gain an understanding of the risks, opportunities, and organizational impact of automation while learning the decision criteria and key considerations needed to build a business case and run a successful proof-of-concept. You will also understand the steps and governance needed to implement or advise clients on how to implement successfully.
The following pricing apply:
R 5,220 R 4,175 until 31 Dec 2020
This is a digital product. You will have access to the content for 365 days after purchase date.
- What RPA is and the business value of RPA
- RPA applications and use cases that make the most sense
- Decision criteria and steps needed to build a business case
- Considerations, risks, and challenges to implementing RPA
- Governance and controls considerations for a digital workforce
- Accounting, finance, and organizational impact of RPA
- How RPA might affect an auditFuture of RPA and automation trends, with a focus on intelligent process automation (IPA)
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
- Chanyuan (Abigail) Zhang
- Abigail is a PhD candidate in the Accounting Information System department at Rutgers Business School. Her research addresses the impacts of emerging technologies, especially Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Intelligent Process Automation (IPA), on auditing. She has been working with several medium sized public accounting firms to build prototypes of implementing RPA in some of their audit procedures. In her working paper “Intelligent Process Automation in Audit”, which has been presented in the Strategic and Emerging Technologies (SET) workshop in the 2018 American Accounting Association (AAA) annual meeting, three frameworks are constructed to guide the implementation of IPA in the future of audit. Currently she is also a part time lecturer at Rutgers Business School.
- Steve Palomino, CPA/CITP, CGMA, CIA
- Steve Palomino is a CPA/CITP, CGMA, CIA, and Managing Member at Palscott Business Consulting, LLC, in Dallas, Texas. Steve guides businesses leadership in the application of software robotics strategies to increase controls over operations and reporting. He uses his expertise in robotics to help companies achieve significant effort reduction, deploy controls and continuous audit capabilities, while transforming processes. He is a former member of the ITECH Committee, former Chair of the SBC Global Task Force, prior member of the AICPA’s Audit Peer Review Task Force.
- Edward Brooks
- Edward Brooks, trained as a Chartered Accountant in London with Ernst & Young, and went on to work as a consultant with Accenture and ISG before launching The RPA Academy in 2017.During his consulting years, Ed specialized in outsourcing and business transformation, and advised and supported technology start-ups. The RPA Academy was founded to address the growing skills shortages in the automation space and has since expanded its training offerings to include courses on Machine Learning, AI, and Blockchain.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.