Obtain a SAIBA Certificate of completion in Accounting III for part completion of the designation.
About the module
The module forms part of the core knowledge categories of an accountant in practice, and upskilling requirements to apply as a Business-Accountant-in-Practice (SA) via SAIBA’s Route 3. Read more here.
Financial Accounting III covers the regulation and preparation of financial statements in accordance with international standards and local regulations. It provides the competencies required
to produce financial statements for legal entities, related and consolidated and groups using appropriate International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Financial statements and the international financial reporting standards
- Accounting standards measurement and recognition
- Accounting standards disclosure
- Financial statements of all legal entities
- Consolidated financial statements
- Analysis of financial performance and position
Module Assessment Criteria
The above outcomes required in this module will be presented and assessed in the following format:
- Prescribed textbooks
- Additional study material
- Mock exam with relevant recordings regarding certain topics
- Live virtual session with the lecturer
- Lecturer available to answer questions (email or live virtual session) between live virtual session and the exam
The following pricing apply: R5,500.00 VAT included.
The upskilling course does not form part of a subscription package.
Any prescribed textbooks are for your own expense.
Please ensure that you comply with the requirements listed within the products. No refunds will be made should you not comply with the requirements. If you are unsure whether you comply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No incorrect purchases will be refunded.
- Accounting NQF6 (equal to a 2nd year Higher Educational Institutional level).
- Approval from SAIBA membership department to enroll (terms and conditions apply). Simply send an email to email@example.com requesting to enroll in the Qualify courses providing the following documentation:
- Identity document
- Academic Qualification
- Academic Record
- Completion of Articles or RPL Form (request from firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nicolene Steenkamp is currently the Programme Coordinator for the B.Com (Financial Planning) and Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation programmes at Akademia. She is also a lecturer in Accounting and Taxation. Nicolene has a B.Com and B.Com Hons in Financial Management Sciences and completed her Masters degree in Taxation at the University of Pretoria in 2018.
She is an Accountant in Practice and is involved in various professional institutes.
The Southern African Institute for Business Accountants NPC is a professional body accredited by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) – Professional Body ID 874.
On successful completion of the final exam you will receive a certificate of completion issued by SAIBA that serves as evidence of competency in the analysis, preparation and reporting of financial statements in accordance with International Standards and Local Regulations for legal entities, related and consolidated groups. The certificate is issued in terms of the National Policy for the Implementation of the Recognition of Prior Learning as authorized by SAQA and is regarded by SAIBA as meeting the competency criteria approved by SAQA for admission as a BAP(SA).