The CIPC has recently released Notice 52 of 2019, this states that as from 1 January 2020, it is now mandatory for entities to complete the Compliance Checklist before submitting Annual Returns.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand the functions of the CIPC;
- Understand the contents of Notice 52 of 2019;
- Know detailed information on CIPC’s Compliance Checklist, including:
- Why CIPC have implemented the Compliance Checklist;
- Which categories of companies must comply with the Compliance Checklist;
- What happens if you do not answer each question truthfully; and
- How to rectify incorrect information submitted.
- Know how to use the Checklist.pdf as well as the requirements set out in the Reference to Sections of the Companies Act No. 71 of 2008 (As amended); and
- Understand how to use Lettie’s Compliance Checklist Working Paper in practice.
CIPC monitors compliance with the Companies Act. Their recently released Notice 52 of 2019, states that as from 1 January 2020, it is now mandatory for entities to complete the Compliance Checklist before submitting Annual Returns.
The Compliance Checklist is a declaration on the compliance status of a company to 28 specific sections of the Companies Act No. 71 of 2008 (as amended), Companies Regulations and Schedule 1.
Although the completion and submission of an entity’s annual return remains the responsibility of the directors, it is, more often than not, completed by the accountant/auditor. It is going to be vital to complete this Compliance Checklist whilst you are busy with the engagement, so that the checklist can be completed free from misstatement once it is time to submit the annual return!
Adhoc – R475
Subscriptions – N/A
Study Unit 1: Functions Of The CIPC
Functions of the CIPC
Study Unit 2: Contents Of Notice 52 Of 2019
Study Unit 3: Common Questions And Answers To The CIPC Compliance Checklist
- Why the Compliance Checklist?
- Who must comply with the Compliance Checklist?
- What happens if you do not answer each question truthfully?
- How do you rectify incorrect information submitted?
Study Unit 4: Reference To Sections Of The Companies Act, 2008
Companies Act, 2008
Study Unit 5: Additional Documents
- Compliance Checklist Working Paper
- Checklist.pdf in MS-Word format
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date .
Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA
Technical expert Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA has over the last 20 years trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base