September2020 What is involved in the business rescue and liquidation of a company
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand what business rescue is;
- Understand what liquidation is;
- Understand business rescue proceedings;
- Be aware of the rights of affected persons; and
- Know how a company is voluntarily or involuntarily wound up.
Corporate entities are juristic persons and they have lifecycles. At some point in time, your business or your clients’ businesses may face death due to operational difficulties or other reasons.
In this webinar we deal with whether to save a dying business (Business Rescue) or put the final nail in its coffin (Liquidation). We will look at the challenges around business rescue and the overview of the process and where the law stands regarding insolvency.
This webinar forms part of our Back to Basics Companies Act Series consisting of 8 webinars, but can be viewed independently. The Series is designed for the accountant who is just starting out, as well as the practitioner that wants a refresher course on the Companies Act and how it has settled down into the South African corporate landscape. To attend all 8 webinars join the series HERE.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R238.00
Study Unit 1
The complexities of financial distress vs going concern
Study Unit 2
Revisiting reckless trading
Study Unit 3
- The proceedings of business rescue.
- The business rescue practitioner.
- Rights of affected persons.
- The business rescue plan.
- Compromise with creditors.
Study Unit 4
Voluntary vs involuntary winding up of a company
Study Unit 5
Deregistration of a company
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland CA(SA) has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002. She has lectured Auditing, Financial Management and Accounting at various institutions for learners up to the MBA and Postgraduate Diploma levels. She has also conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics. Between 2011 and 2013, Caryn had a two-year stint as visiting Associate Professor at the University of Limpopo.
Caryn is also a platform presenter for SA Accounting Academy, ICB and Chartered Secretaries of SA. Since 2018 she has worked extensively with commerce and industry, assisting analysts, directors and other users of financials to interpret, prepare, analyse and forecast based on the results of financial statements.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.