How to apply IFRS for SMEs Section 11 – Basic Financial Instruments in the financial statements of SMEs.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand how to apply IFRS for SME Section 11 – Basic Financial Instruments.
- Reference IFRS for SME in client consultations.
- Present yourself as knowledgeable in IFRS for SME.
- Become eligible to do the SAIBA license in IFRS for SME.
Eligible to qualify for the SAIBA License in IFRS for SME
To read more about the SAIBA specialist license in IFRS for SME CLICK HERE.
As specialist in the IFRS for SME you will be able to prepare financial statements that are compliant with the Companies Act, 71 of 2008. You will also be able to provide advisory services to other accountants and companies.
As specialist in the subject area you will stand out from the crowd and hence be able to attract more clients.
The scope of this webinar will include AFS items such cash, deposits, payables, receivables, investments and debt instruments. We will not go into the more complex financial instruments here as these will be dealt with in a subsequent webinar.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Study Unit 1
Scope of Section 11
Study Unit 2
- Includes transaction price and costs:
- Financing transactions
Study Unit 3
Measurement subsequent to initial recognition
- Using the effective interest rate
- Using the undiscounted amount to be paid
- Measurement of shares
Study Unit 4
Testing for impairment
Study Unit 5
When to derecognise financial assets and liabilities
Study Unit 6
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Anton van Wyk M.Com, CA(SA)
Anton van Wyk is a chartered accountant and independent consultant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS and IFRS for SMEs). As former subject head of Financial Accounting at various higher education providers (including the University of Johannesburg and Monash University South Africa), he has gained valuable insights into and understanding of the important principles underlying the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Anton is a well-known and popular presenter who has presented numerous IFRS updates for several accounting bodies across South Africa. He is known for his ability to simplify and highlight the most important principles contained in IFRS, whilst keeping the learning process enjoyable for attendees.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.