SARS is experiencing high call volumes and service delivery disruptions due to the ongoing strike action. SARS apologises for any inconvenience caused by the delays experienced in servicing taxpayers.
SARS states that virtual appointments will be honoured, as booked. If a virtual booking is not honoured please note that the branch will follow up to do the necessary service recovery.
List of SARS branches which are closed can be found on the SARS website.
While SARS Contact Centre is experiencing high call volumes taxpayers are urged to continue making use of our digital services during this time. You can find some answers following links for the current top queries and digital channels:
- How do I declare home office expenses on my return?
- How do I declare additional medical expenses on my return?
- How does Auto-Assessment work?
- See the latest on Filing Season
- How do I update my security contact details on eFiling?
- What are supporting documents and how do I upload/submit it?
- How do I change an appointment already confirmed?
- How do I request an ITR12 return on eFiling or MobiApp?
- I forgot my eFiling password and/or username
- How do I request a correction?
- Request your Tax Number
- Find a Source Code
- How do I pay SARS?
- SMS us to request your balance or Statement of Account
- Update banking details
- Register for Tax
- SMS us to request your Notice of Tax Registration Number
- Tax Compliance Status Request
- Tax Compliance Status Verification
- Online request for an eBooking appointment
- SMS request for an eBooking appointment
- Update the Registered Representative
- How do I access my tax return on eFiling?
- SMS us to know if you need to submit a tax return
- Report a scam
- See the latest list of SARS scams
- Report a Tax Crime
- See current surveys, SMSs and emails
Should you have any technical queries send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.