The Department of Employment and Labour: Limpopo Province’s Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) hosted a media briefing on 23 Feb 2022 to provide an update on the COVID-19 Temporary Employer-Employee Relief Scheme (Covid-19-TERS) and normal benefits paid in Limpopo during the 2021/2022 financial year. The briefing provides important principles.
Read more Here.
Information and Implications
- Employers’ written consent is required to remove employees’ names from the Department’s UIF system, before employees are able to claim South African Social Security Agency (SASA) grants.
- Employees should not pay third parties’ money to claim/apply for Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) Benefits on their behalf, departmental officials will not accept or prioritize them
- Employers should declare properly updated information regarding employees, to avoid delays due to changes
- Employers are encouraged to use the online Ufiling system, as the Department has dedicated staff to assist employers to navigate the system
- Employers are encouraged to check their status with the fund, and report problems to the nearest Labour Centre
Context for the beginner
26 March 2022 marked the two-year anniversary since the Covid-19 Temporary Employer-Employee Relief Scheme (Covid-19 TERS) was established. Read more Here.
Email enquiries and questions to Technical@Saiba.Org.Za for further assistance